Wednesday, May 23, 2007

More Hoping

Wish the title was "More HOPPING," but I'll take what I can get right now. She passed all her tests, but most important; she had no excess of white blood cells even at the hight of her fever. This means there really is no infection hiding somewhere in her body. This also means that it is probably a simple overload of strong antibiotics and meds, and she has developed an allergy to penicillin. We hope.

They have taken her off of everything except for one wide spectrum anibiotic that they think she couldn't possibly be allergic to. Now we wait and see. This could actually take a while. Remember LaLa, the Polka Dot Princess? I think it took around three days from the time we cut the Augmentin before she was all better. Once again... I'd just link to the posts in my archive, but grrrrr! You can check my archives for posts from Feb 13th, 2006 through feb 16th. Likely the same timeline for this.

On a happy note, she is back on a clear liquid diet with one noteable exception that I twisted out of them.... ice cream.

Who loves ya, baby?!

9 comments:

Me said...

WELL CRAP. Instead of my name I signed my email. LOL. Ya wanna delete that before all the spammy robots use their pick up lines on me? Hee hee

Fantastagirl said...

Sorry to hear about the set back, but so glad to hear that she doesnt' have an infection...whew!

And ice cream is always a good thing!

Mama D said...

Glad it's not infection. Allergic reactions are no picnic but once they figure out what it is you guys will be laughing. Or chuckling quietly.

Lynanne said...

I've been reading and sending lots of get well thoughts your way. My fingers are crossed (and double-crossed) that she gets to go home soon!! Take care!

Anonymous said...

I'm still hoping and hopping with you!!! I hope the next posting tells us you are all home safe and happy!!!

Bob said...

I sure hope you get some good news soon. Have some ice cream for me, I'm not supposed to eat it anymore.

sari said...

I'm allergic to penicillin too. She'll come around quickly, it will be ok.

And ice cream! You're such a good mama. :-)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work it'll be ok. .......I am hoping! hard!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, sorry your sweet girlie has been so sick. I've been thinking of you all.