Technically I should first be doing a meme that I got tagged for at the beginning of this month, but when I was tagged with this meme a la Nobody You Know I realised that today is actually a 10 year anti-versary for me. So here goes.
5 Things Game
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Feb 28th 1996 my divorce from Mr. Thatguy was finalised. It was a Leap Year and my lawyers office thought they were cute when they asked me if I wanted to wait till the 29th to file. I thought "deleted delete, I can't be divorced from this delete fast enough, so delete NO I don't want to wait a deleted extra day to be divorced from this delete!"
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Taking pregnancy test after negative pregnancy test and feeling grumpily and unplan-edly PREGNANT! because I was, well... pregnant.
Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Caffeinated Soda Drink Treats...esp Diet Dr. Pepper and Coke Zero
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.... 'scuze me I'll be right back....had to go grab a spoonful.
4. Jerky...turkey, beef, chicken. I love jerky, esp. green chili beef jerky.
5. Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips
Five songs to which I know all the lyrics:
1. Theme song of Scooby Doo
2. Institutionalized- Suicidal Tendencies
3. Blister in the Sun- Violent Femmes
4. Wheels on the Bus
5. Rock of Ages
Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. Build a nicer house two blocks down.
2. Pay off the van.
4. Pay for my parents to serve a Mission.
5. Get Lasik for Dadguy and myself.
Five bad habits:
1. Picking my nose.
2. Pee-dinkeling around online.
3. Second guessing myself.
4. Comparing myself to others.
5. Does "not working out or exercising" count as a bad habit?
Five things I like doing:
1. Blogging (the reading, the writing, the social aspects of it... I love me some bloggin')
2. Artsy crap... cake decorating, quilting, painting, drawing, writing poetry.
3. Talking... sometimes I drive poor Dadguy bats with the constant yap, yap, yap. But I grew up in a family of six kids and two parents who ALL talk. Social, political, scientifical, psychological, philosophical, religious... we don't shut up till someone is crying. Then we say "sorry" and keep talking some more.
4. Spending time with my family. I like my extended family on both sides and I like hangin' with them, but here I mean the Dadguy and the girls... especially the Dadguy.
5. Counting my blessings. I know it sounds all sappy, but for reals I like to sit and cogitate about what is so great about my life and how much better I have it than I even dreamed of. I have enough and then some, plus there is some other stuff that I want to do and have to keep me sharp.
Five things I would never buy, wear, or get new again:
1. I will never buy illegal drugs again, I don't think I need to explain this one.
2. Wear a black bra under a white shirt, again no explanation.
3. Wear a nose ring... especially not a nose ring connected to an earring via a chain, I have no reasonable excuse for the first time.
4. A vinyl album... a record, like music before tapes and CD's.
5. A house with all dirt and no landscaping for a yard.
Five favorite toys:
1. My iPod.
2. The family computer or Dadguy's laptop, whatever is available for my Internet fix.
3. My sewing machine
4. My Wilton paraphernalia.
5. Digital Camera... not that I love my particular camera... actually it's kind of a pain in the keester what with the two second lag from the time I push the button to the time it takes the picture. I love to have digital pix to keep and view and share immediately.
Here's the deal: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot:
1. Just for Future Reference
2. Pointless Drivel
3. Disparate Housewife
4. My Blog Is About Nothing
5. The Mama
Then select five people to tag:
1. Mama D
2. Soggy Cheerios
3. g r o n c e
4. any of my crayzee sisters or SIL's
5. Mother Superior (yeah Ma, that's YOU!)