Here they are... now please keep in mind:
- These pictures span 1985-1987ish
- Small town girl
- My parents were in charge of the camera
- I was camera shy to boot
- They were not interested in preserving documentation of my crazee-ness
- I think they hoped it would just go away
- I didn't get very naughty till I moved out
- I didn't own a camera when I moved out
Sixteen, part of a glamour series taken by my sister "S" (that's "S" for "Supergirl"). My hair was cut in an asymmetrical cut.. very big deal in a small town back in the day. Plus I habitually let my very long bangs hang over one eye, kinda pre-Emo-ish.
Seventeen years old. Like the skirt? This is an actual for-factual flour sack purchased from an import store on Central in downtown Albq. My best friend also made herself one... we were sooooooo cool! Yes, that IS a bolo tie, with a beret which was given me by my uber-cool-college-punk-rock-first-boyfriend.. Notice on my ankle? That is a black suede cat collar with pearl studs. Sorry... it's a bad scan of a color copy.
Fall of my first year at UNM. That is an Ankh I am wearing around my neck and I appear to be rocking the Flock o' Seagulls hair, although if you had said as much to me? I likely would have spit on your shoe.