Monday, January 02, 2006

Third times the charm folks

I was at the opticians the other day (a spiffy way of saying Wallyworld's Eyemart) and trying on the frame selection. We had Cafeteria Plan money that was threatening to disappear in a poof of some deep corporate pocket if we didn't use it by the end of the year. We appreciate the untaxed medical bennies that we get from the Caf Plan, but c'mon with the Cinderella crap! The lighting in there is really, ahhh, revealing.

I am going grey.

I had a single hair of pure white before the new baby... and now they are Legion. I am not the queen-of-vain but HEY now! The other telling moment was telling the Optometrist how long I have been wearing the Rigid Gas Perm style of contact. Two decades people! Now that the Toric style are so cheapy cheap, and I am no longer finding it worth the effort to shove chips of wet plastic onto my eyeballs... 'cause it HURTS! I thought that we would go the easier, softer route. Too bad the soft contacts suck as well!

O, Lasik why dost thou cost so much?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had a lousy realization too, big sis. next year i'll be 30!
yikes

Mise en Place said...

I too would consider Lasik, but it IS way to expensive.

I've yet to find my first gray hair. My luck they will just fall out, forget about turning gray, lol!

Thanks for stopping by. I've enjoyed reading your blog. I'll be back to visit.

The Absent Minded Housewife said...

I started to get greys when I was 16. They grow out curlier and coarser than my regular very fine brunette hairs...the ones on top of my head, sheesh!

Anonymous said...

Uh-huh. I'm too young to be gray! What the hell??!! It sucks.