Thursday, December 07, 2006

whats happening

Dear The Mama readers:
This is mama's big sister posting from my own computer, I hope this works! Just wanted to update, so that nobody would be too worried. Big doings though, I'm afraid. During the "procedure" this morning, the ent found the swelling was very bad and getting worse, and little Pearl was in actual danger, (a swelling aorta was involved!) so an ambulance trip was ordered up to Primary Children's hospital in Salt Lake City. Tests showed that something (probably metal) was lodged in her esophogus, and she's in surgery now again as I type. Thanks to modern medicine, God's providence, and Bon's persistence with the medical types, she should be just fine.
Well, I could have the details mangled, because their cell phone connection from the hospital is mighty bad, but Bonnie will probably be back tommorow or Saturday, and she can set the record right. Let's all keep her in our prayers/meditations/thoughts - take your pick!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! How incredibly scary. Thank goodness that bon got the ENT appointment moved up, because that sounds like it could've gone very badly indeed.

Dunno what us internet types can do, other than sending the get-well-quick vibes, but let us know!

Thank you for updating, I have been wondering and worried and was glad to see news this morning.

sari said...

Sending my prayers. Please keep us posted on what's going on!!

Blogarita said...

This is very scary. I'm glad the figured it out when they did, though. I'll keep sending the positive vibes.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, how horrible. Please let Bon know that my prayers are with her and Pearl and the entire family. I am so glad this was caught before it could get worse, but surgery is no minor thing.

Thanks to you for the update.

Lynanne said...

Oh no! Your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers right now. Take care!

Lynanne said...

Oh no! Your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers right now. Take care!

The Absent Minded Housewife said...

On the upside, something that's stuck can be removed...maybe not easily...but once removed it's gone!

Poor little Pearl!

Tug said...

Many good thoughts & prayers!!!

Fantastagirl said...

Oh My Goodness! Pearly girl - you get better soon!

Please let us know if there is anything at all that we can do.