Friday, December 15, 2006

Resolutions

I don't do New Year's resolutions... they just don't make much sense to me. I have recently resolved to do better in the two following areas, and I am not waiting till the first of January to start.

1. I will stop swearing. This includes the swearing I do in my heart, which is where most of my cussing stays. But, little by little, bits of NaNa words are leaving my heart and re-entering my speech... and I won't stand for it. I control what I think and say.

2. I will make sure and shut the bathroom door when I do my business. I am an adult, and my kids can wait three seconds (i pee fast) to have access to me. I will lock the door if I must. After three girls, and the attendant separation anxiety of a simple potty break, I have become uncouth and I won't stand for it.

On a side note....
Pearl has another/continuance of her double ear infection. Impressive considering the high levels of antibiotics she has been pumped full of. Tubes will be put in on Thursday the 28th by the ENT. This means another trip to same day surgery and a general anesthetic, but barring her hoarking down a few more pennies, it should be uneventful.

SWEEEEEEEET!

He is of the opinion that the tubes will help to improve her breathing thingy as well. He is also of the opinion that she will grow out of the whole thing. I am of the opinion that I really like his opinion. I have heard, and continue to hear stellar reports of his medical prowess. Sooo....Yay!

Also, the ENT was able to clear up the placement of popcorn kernal chunk that was removed last week. It was in her hypowhatsis, a small area above both her food and wind pipes... soooo, not her lungs at all. The ENT was of the opinion that is got lodged there after the pennies cut off the downspout for food. She still ain't touching popcorn for a long time.

10 comments:

Blogarita said...

Those are good resolutions, but those two would be hard for me to stick to.

I do, however, resolve to do away with wrapping paper and use ONLY gift bags next Christmas...LOL!

Fantastagirl said...

Those are very good resolutions - I should be better with what comes out of my mouth, and what is in my head.

But, I don't make resolutions, because I seem to set my self up for failure when I do that and I am tired of failing.

Anonymous said...

You are your Father's daughter and you come by it honest. R

Anonymous said...

My nephew had this done a month or so ago and he is about 10 months, the parents were pleasantly surprised at the ease the baby went through with it, and they think it helped (I KNOW it helped mine). Just some hope for you!

sari said...

I don't do well with resolutions myself, but I'm with you on the language. I don't say much out loud but I do think it in my head, I need to clean up my space in there.

I'm glad to hear that things are progressing well on the recovery front!

Sushiboy said...

I think you will find the tubes to be mostly painless. (sucks to ge them at this time of the year though). Cakes has had tubes since she was 9 months old. The day of the surgery was kinda rough for her, but the next day she was pretty much back to normal. I think the suregery hurt about as much as the average infection. Its been much better for her since then.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you have a doctor you can have so much confidence in. Good luck to Pearl!

And I like the no-swearing resolution. I could do a little less of that myself. At least I no longer swear as much as I did in college, but then, it's kind of difficult to keep up that level of profanity over the long haul.

Anonymous said...

I make my resolutions every New Years and write them down. I have no idea what my resolutions were for this year. Perhaps I should look and try to fulfill any that I haven't accomplished so far...

I think the tubes thingy sounds exciting. If it helps Pearly and she eventually will grow out of this, then... fantastic!

Anonymous said...

That second resolution had me giggling muchly.

momofalltrades said...

Yikes. What a lot of goings on. I'm glad Pearly is on the mend, what a scarey bad couple of days/weeks. *hug*

I love your resolutions. I may just print them out and hang them on my mirror.