Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Update

We went to the ENT. He asked the questions, he looked in the ears and he stuffed the wee scope up her nose and checked out her throat as far as her voice box (ummm, not a happy baby). Saw a thing or two, but it appears that she has Subglottal Stenosis. This means... below-the-voice-box-swelling. Why this is, we do not know. My vote is congenital, but it could be lesions of some sort.

We will know more on Thursday after exploratory "not-exactly-surgery" when she goes under anesthesia so they can get a look past her vocal chords. Dadguy is taking the day off work and his mom is coming to stay with the two older girls. I will be staying away from google because... well, it's telling me nothing I want to know.

Really, everything will be fine, but prayers and happy vibes are welcome for the wee Pearly girl.

8 comments:

Blogarita said...

Sending happy positive thoughts to you and your family. As always, keep us posted if you can.

Tug said...

many prayers & happy thoughts!!

Suburban Gorgon said...

Yuck - that's no fun. I'll be thinking of her!

Fantastagirl said...

Wow - that's not what I was expecting to read. Please keep us updated. Will this just be outpatient or will she be there over night?

I'm glad your MIL will be able to come over and stay with the older girls. Will send lots of good thoughts your way!

Mama D said...

Sending those prayers and happy vibes your way!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey, thinking of you all today as Pearliegirlie goes in for her surgery. Hope all is well and easily fixable, whatever it is. Let us know how you're faring when you get a chance!

Lynanne said...

I've been hoping it was something simple like bronchitis and croup...Take care and add me to the list of people sending positive thoughts your way.

When you feel up to some silliness, I've tagged you for a meme. Take care of yourself and your family first though.

Anonymous said...

oh this stinks I am so slow on the up take here. Pearly get better for Christmas!!