Saturday, April 22, 2017

Failing Sucks

Well. 

Here I sit in the ruins of a Saturday. 

What a miserable, unfortunate day. 

I tried to rest up from my hectic week. I tried to be good wife. I tried to be a good mother. Tried to take care of a list of things that really needed to be done. 

Tried and failed. 

We talk about failure and failing a good bit as a family, or at least I talk to the kids about it. How it's a good thing. How that's the way we learn and grow. 

Seems to me that this was not one of those "good" fails. 

At least the only take-away i seem to come up with, alone at the laptop after a nice, ugly cry, is that next time I oughta just pick one thing and do it and to heck with the rest. 

My Pearl reminded me that we made it to her 8:30am soccer game, and that I was there to "support her" and that was a good thing.

... so I guess it should be said that I didn't screw absolutely EVERYTHING up.

Yay.

2 comments:

anne nahm said...

I've been struggling with failure a lot too lately, sweet bon. I got a big rejection a few days ago. It's so hard! Even with all the logic and the self talk, it still hurts.

Hugs. Hope you wake up the next morning perked up.

madad ali said...

Des Moines Photographer
Des Moines Wedding Photographer
Photographer in Des Moines
Des Moines Photography Services