Friday, December 18, 2009

Henry Turns One

Wait... did we have a birthday around here?
Yep, Henry turned one on the 2nd. I threw together a cake, and it's an OK cake, it's just not the one I'd had in mind. I cannot remember for the life of me the reasons why I didn't do the cool blue and red polkadot fondant bit that I had planned on, but the fact that the kid is one and doesn't really care, and hadn't requested anything in particular eased the decision along, I am quite sure of it.





To be sure... he enjoyed the prep of the cake immensely.




He is such a big boy.





Overheard from Pearl: (breathing out vapors on a frosty morning in the front yard) "Look mama! It's my BRAIN SMOKE!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRAIN SMOKE! Soooo funny!

Mama

Mama D said...

ONE! How did that happen. Logistically, I know. I know he's only that much younger than B but still. How? He is so much like your girls and yet such a boy as well. Handsome!

Diana Mancuso said...

Happy belated birthday to Henry! I think the cake turned out great, better than anything I've ever baked. The cupcake on the top was a nice touch. I guess you can look forward to making a fondant next year for his champagne birthday. Now excuse me while I raid the pantry for something, anything, with chocolate in it...

elizasmom said...

Yeah. Brain Smoke = Funny.

And lookit your big boy! I think he was pretty happy with his cake! I would be!

Meredith said...

Oh my stars - he is one ALREADY??!!! Where did the time go?? As usual your cake skills are masterful. I so wish you could ship cakes eastward. What a sweetie you have there! Congrats!

Brittany said...

He is sooo dang cute! I just wanna sqeeze his little cheeks! SOOOO cute!