Another day another meme! This one is my five top obsessions. I got this taggity via Hope, and now that I have that last intimidating bit of meme-ity out of the way... I can get on with my regularly scheduled whimsy.
First a disclaimer... my number one obsession has put all other obsessions on a back burner, which is sad really, as I love to define myself by my eccentricities. While I acknowledge that doing that (self defining by weirdness level) is a dumb thing to do. I still do it. I think it's primarily a "notice me" thing... as in "sixteen year old girl angst see how off-beat I am" and therefore a little extra humiliating. But, I still do it. I am a work in progress.
1. Chaos. As in my three little girls. It starts when they are babies with the mental tally of how long-they-have-slept and how-long-it-has-been-since-they-slept. Also quantity-of-milk-intake vs. upchuck-levels, temperature, diaper cleanliness and excrement output.. and it gets more complicated from there. Add Pearl's health issues and just shoot me NOW! Which, by the by... we have an appointment to see a Pulminologist at Primary Children's hospital to see if there is any help to be had there. Whee!
2. Books. Especially children's picture books. Love to read 'em, look at them and think about them. Don't much love to pay for them... they run about sixteen bucks a pop for hardbound, and even that is no guarantee of lifespan around Chaos. Someday, I'm a gonna write and maybe even illustrate some books.
3. 24. can you blame me? I think that next season I will sit in Dadguy's camp and just wait for the DVD version so we can slurp them all down in one sleep deprived week like we did with the other seasons. This "one episode a week" crap is not for me!
4. Mmmmmm... sleep. I could really use some quality sleep! Someday I WILL sleep again, but for now it is just an itching obsession. We put Pearl in with the other girls and moved out all the toys to her old room, which is now the "Toy Room." The sleeping around these parts has not been what I would call quality.
5. Comments. What a pain, huh? Usually I can keep it in line by reminding myself that the next time that I get freaky about comments, stats and whether or not someone links to me... I'm done blogging. The last freak out was over a year ago and it helps that I purposely keep under the radar by not putting effort into attracting readership etc... but there it is. An ugly truth, but a common one.
Now... five people that I tag.... I tag YOU! If you wanna do this one just lemme know in the, ahem... comments.