Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Just to...

... get that last whiney post off the top of the page! Turns out the mystery plant that smelled "oniony"?

Ahem.

It is garlic. The pods at the top have been splitting and little plump seedy things are jammed in there like sardines. And they, they smell exactly like garlic. Upon googling up some images of "garlic plants" I find several pix that are dead on. Unless I read it wrong, this September we should have a pretty decent crop o' garlic. The bulbs. That's what ya eat.

7 comments:

Bob said...

Mmmm, garlic! I love fresh garlic, but I've never had garlic fresh from my own garden!

Mall Worker said...

Sweet! Fresh garlic! I think thats pretty cool. I don't know what I'd do with a huge crop-o-garlic, I don't cook with it as much as I could!

Fantastagirl said...

Garlic, fresh garlic....mmmmm

Fantastagirl said...

Garlic, fresh garlic....mmmmm

Mama D said...

Surprise! It's garlic in your garden! I had no idea that was how garlic grew. Thank you for educating me.

Valarie said...

That's cool. I love using fresh garlic. You were protected from vampires and didn't even know it.

Amber said...

I need to grow garlic I think... I've got a bit of a vampire problem. Miss you! Blog more often girlie!