Thursday, March 26, 2020

Bug

Sooooo... Rented and streamed the newest movie version of Emma with the kids yesterday afternoon after all the school work was complete. It was delightful, although I'll admit the Mr. Knightly was not my all-time favorite Knightly. 

I literally wept for Emma and Miss Bates, both, at the Box-Hill debacle, and I don't think I've ever cried over any part of that particular Jane Austen tale in either book or movie format. It was just so bitter, her utter selfish fail. It broke my heart, I mean, I KNOW what that is like to feel slightly off and petulant and then to find that all your relationships have been tainted by one or two stupid things you did in a moment of pique.

Sometimes it seems that everything has gone dark. 

Yes, it WAS "badly done," but wow. Ouch. More than the reproof from her good friend or the social censure from the party in general, just knowing that you aren't the person you'd thought yourself all along? Bummer.

Perhaps I'm just weepy. Today I got the notification that my "Women on Weights" weight lifting class just got cancelled. I'd signed up for it a month early just so I'd FOR SURE have a place in the class. I can either get my money back or transfer to a class this September. I cried over that as well, but I guess I'll take the September class.

I think this is somehow the thing that has stung the most, and I'm not really sure why. I suspect it's just the cumulative of all the little losses together, it's obviously not that big a deal. 

Except... the freaking quarantine eating that I've been doing the past few weeks. Ugh. Looks like I'll just have to straighten up and eat right and figure out how to build some muscle on my own. In the middle of a quarantine, stressed to the gills, stuck right next to my kitchen 24/7.

Bug.

2 comments:

anne anhm said...

<3 <3 <3 I baked a full 9x13 pineapple upside down cake (what? Is this 1974? Am I hosting a bridge party later?) AND my first attempt at bread yesterday. I went to bed with that unhappy stuffed feeling, so I guess I'm saying solidarity on quarantine eating. I even said, "this is the worst bread ever!" (possibly it was) and we still ate the whole loaf. :((((((

FatCyclist said...

Bodyweight exercises are good. Not that I do them, lol! My first attempt to build a Zwift habit has failed, but it starts again tomorrow! No Netflix until the pedals are turned for at least an hour.