Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Before, During and After....


In the hospital with Birdie before I got the Nasojejunal feeding tube.


The freaking tube.




The second drain and the fun of medical adhesive allergies! Open sores along the edges.




One regular sized hand and one fat hand from the IV! It actually took only 36 hours till I had matching hands again.



Christmas Eve with my beautiful girls... Everything is gone but the drain on the side you cannot see.






The "before" pic is from June of 2016... the "after" is today. It's been a little over three months and 60 lbs lost... although I think it's 75 lbs less than the "before" pic.

2 comments:

FatCyclist said...

Wow! Only 3 months! So is life pretty much back to normal now, as far as energy levels, sleep, etc, or are you still adjusting?

bon said...

Still adjusting in some ways... back to 100% in others. the left side of my abdomen and chest is still tender, most especially in one sharp spot up under my collar bone. I tend not to sleep on that side much, as it takes a little while to get comfortable. Doctor has no idea why, but we both hope it just goes away after a few months.

As far as energy, I'm kinda tired, like my arms sometimes feel sort of laggy like when I was pregnant. I get puffed out when I walk fast, but as I continue to walk when weather permits, I'm getting back my wind and stamina very quickly. I won't be pushing hard until summer, though, since I don't think I can get enough calories in to fuel a real workout yet..